How do you turn things over to God? Start by making the choice and declaring your resolve. Simply say, “Father, I choose to let You be God of this situation. I take my hands off. I trust You.” Then, choose to worship Him. Worship is one of the best ways to set your heart and mind in the right place. You can’t worry and worship at the same time! Worship is a sign that you are trusting God; worry is a sign that you are trying to control things.
” A True War story is never moral. It does not instruct, nor encourage virtue, nor suggest models of proper human behavior, nor restrain men from doing the things men have always done.” pg65
As I read The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien, the stories in the book that stood out to me were the…
"Stories are for joining the past to the future. Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can’t remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story. "
I love this one a lot…something I’ve recently gotten back into is soccer. I played my whole life but stopped for a few years due to surgery. Now I’m back playing and I am in love all over again.
Back in June I ended up with a bruised shin bone after a nasty game. To this day it’s still swollen and it hurts…doctors say they don’t think anything is fractured, but it will take months to heal especially since I’m active. Thankfully, I was cleared a few days after it happened to get back out playing again.
After discussing my complete amazement at how long I have had this for, my coworker said “Maybe soccer isn’t for you…”
Why? I wear all of my bruises with pride. All the time. It means I’m working hard.
I make my own rules.
- Art: Draw a stick figure.
- Blue: What song do you listen to when you're feeling down?
- Cup: Do you drink Tea or Coffee?
- Dopey: Tell us an embarrassing story.
- English: How many languages can you speak?
- Fear: Tell us three fears.
- Game: What was the last board game you played?
- Harry Potter: What was the last book you read?
- Injury: Have you ever walked into a glass door?
- Jump: Do five jumping jacks/star jump.
- Kiss: Who's your biggest celebrity crush?
- Love: Do you believe in marriage?
- Money: What would you do with 1 million dollars?
- Naughty: Tell us three things that your parents disapprove of?
- Oops: What is one thing you'd like to change/fix?
- Picture: Post a pic of your lovely face.
- Quality: Name three of your favourite blogs.
- Rapunzel: Name three Disney movies that you adore.
- Star-sign: When's your birthday?
- Teacher: What do you aspire to be?
- Unite: Do you sponsor a cause?
- Varsity: Do you play/watch sport?
- Word: Write out your URL in your handwriting
- Xylophone: Do you play an instrument?
- Yellow: What's your favourite colour?
- Zoo: What is your favourite animal?